How To Clean Hard Surfaces With The Floor Doctor
You can use Rug Doctor Oxy-Steam Carpet Cleaner to clean hard floors with exceptional results.
- Sweep area to be cleaned if there is loose dirt and debris present.
- Connect to rear of machine using 12' hose set as you would connect the Universal Hand Tool (ILLUS. 11).
- Depending on how dirty floors are, mix 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Rug Doctor Oxy-Steam per gallon of hot tap water in a clean bucket (water should not be so hot as to burn skin) and fill LOWER tank of machine.
- Slip the white tank back in place and seal the tank and clear dome securely by replacing the retaining wire.
- Plug in the power cord and position the machine. Turn on the machine by pressing the ON switch for Upholstery/Hand Tool Cleaning on top of the machine.
- To release cleaning solution, squeeze the trigger on the Floor Doctor handle. Move the Floor Doctor in a back and forth motion while applying slight pressure and keeping the tool head parallel to the floor (ILLUS. 13). The brush is designed to help remove tough dirt when necessary. For tile floors, move the Floor Doctor head at an angle to the grout line for best results (ILLUS. 14).
- When cleaning is complete, switch the machine OFF. To drain and clean the machine, refer to the Cleaning Your Machine section. Drain the Floor Doctor/machine hose set after disconnecting it from the machine – to ensure that no excess liquid is left in the hose set, squeeze the trigger on the Floor Doctor.